Vernon K. Robbins
Emory Studies in Early Christianity
Rhetoric of Religious Antiquity
Religious Sites in Atlanta
Emory Department of Religion
Emory Graduate Division of Religion
SR Studies by H. J. Bernard Combrink
University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
- "Salvation in Mark," forthcoming.
- "The Contribution of Socio-Rhetorical Interpretation to the Reformed Interpretation of Scripture," in W. M. J. Alston & M. Welker (eds), Reformed theology: Identity and ecumenicity II: Biblical Interpretation in the Reformed Tradition (Grand Rapids, Mi: Eerdmans, 2007): 91-106 (608).
- "Die oordeel oor kerklike leiers: 'n Sosio-retoriese interpretasie van Matteus 23," NGTT 46 [1&2] (2005): 96-104.
- "Die argumentatiewe struktuur van die ellende-aankondigings van Matteus 23," NGTT 46 [1&2] (2005): 105-113.
- "Shame on the Hypocritical Leaders in the Church: A Socio-Rhetorical Interpretation of the Reproaches in Matthew 23," in D. B. Gowler, L. B. Bloomquist, and D. F. Watson, Fabrics of Discourse: Essays in Honor of Vernon K. Robbins (Harrisburg/London/New York: Trinity Press International, 2003) 1-35.
- "The Challenges and Opportunities of a Socio-Rhetorical Commentary," Scriptura 79 (2002): 106-21.
- "The Challenge of Making and Redrawing Boundaries: A Perspective on Socio-Rhetorical Criticism," Nederduitse Gereformeerde Teologiese Tydskrif 40 (1999): 18-30.
- "The Rhetoric of the Church in the Transition from the Old to the New South Africa: Socio-Rhetorical Criticism and Ecclesiastical Rhetoric," Neotestamentica 32 (1998): 289-307.
- "The Rhetoric of Sacred Scripture," in S. E. Porter and T. H. Olbricht (eds.), Rhetoric, Scripture & Theology: Essays from the 1994 Pretoria Conference (JSNTSup 131; Sheffield: Sheffield Academic Press, 1996) 102-23.
- "Redaction Analysis," in Reading the New Testament: Hermeneutics, Exegesis and Methods (Guides to the New Testament III; Protea Boekhuis, 2007).
Back to SR Studies
Back to SRI Homepage