Vernon K. Robbins
Emory Studies in Early Christianity
Rhetoric of Religious Antiquity
Religious Sites in Atlanta
Emory Department of Religion
Emory Graduate Division of Religion
SR Studies 1985-1990 by Vernon K Robbins
- “A Socio-Rhetorical Response: Contexts of Interaction and Forms of Exhortation,” Semeia 50 (1990): 261-271.
- “Interpreting the Gospel of Mark as a Jewish Document in a Graeco-Roman World,”iIn P. V. M. Flesher (ed.), New Perspectives on Ancient Judaism (Lanham, New York: Univ. Press of America, 1990) 47-72.
- “Pronouncement Stories from a Rhetorical Perspective,” Forum 4.2 (1988): 3-32.
- “The Crucifixion and the Speech of Jesus,” Forum 4.1 (1988): 33-46.
- “The Chreia,” in D. E. Aune (ed.), Greco-Roman Literature and the New Testament (Atlanta: Scholars Press, 1988) 1-23.
- “Rhetorical argument about lamps and light in early Christian gospels,” in P. W. Böckman and R. E. Kristiansen (eds.), In Context, Festskrift til Peder Johan Borgen (Relieff 24; Universitetet i Trondheim: Tapir, 1987) 177-195.
- “The Woman who Touched Jesus' Garment: Socio-Rhetorical Analysis of the Synoptic Accounts,” New Testament Studies 33 (1987): 502-515.
- “Pragmatic Relations as a Criterion for Authentic Sayings,” Forum 1.3 (1985): 35-63.
- “Picking Up the Fragments: From Crossan`s Analysis to Rhetorical Analysis,” Forum 1.2 (1985): 31-64.
Back to SR Studies by VKR
Back to SR Studies
Back to SRI Homepage