Vernon K. Robbins
Emory Studies in Early Christianity
Rhetoric of Religious Antiquity
Religious Sites in Atlanta
Emory Department of Religion
Emory Graduate Division of Religion
SR Studies 1996-2000 by Vernon K Robbins
- “Rhetorical Ritual: Apocalyptic Discourse in Mark 13,” in Gregory Carey and L. Gregory Bloomquist (eds.), Vision and Persuasion: Rhetorical Dimensions of Apocalyptic Discourse (St. Louis, MO: Chalice Press, 1999) 95-121.
- “The Claims of the Prologues and Greco-Roman Rhetoric: The Prefaces to Luke and Acts in Light of Greco-Roman Rhetorical Strategies,” in David P. Moessner (ed.), Jesus and the Heritage of Israel: Luke’s Narrative Claim upon Israel’s Legacy (Harrisburg, PA: Trinity Press International, 1999) 63-83.
- “Response” and “Dialogue between Vernon Robbins and Reviews,” Journal for the Study of the New Testament 70 (1998): 101-115. Response to reviews entitled “Vernon Robbins’s Socio-Rhetorical Criticism: A Review,” JSNT 70 (1998): 69-100.
- “Enthymemic Texture in the Gospel of Thomas,” in SBL 1998 Seminar Papers (Atlanta: Scholars Press, 1998) 343-366.
- “From Enthymeme to Theology in Luke 11:1-13,” in Richard P. Thompson and Thomas E. Phillips (eds.), Literary Studies in Luke-Acts: A Collection of Essays in Honor of Joseph B. Tyson (Macon, GA: Mercer University Press, 1998) 191-214.
- “Historical, Literary, Linguistic, Cultural, and Artistic Intertextuality – A Response,” Semeia 80 (1997): 291-303.
- “Socio-Rhetorical Hermeneutics and Commentary,” in J. Mrazek, S. Brodsky, and R. Dvorakova (eds.), EPI TO AYTO. Essays in honour of Petr Pokorny on his sixty-fifth birthday ( Praha-Trebenice: Mlyn Publishers, 1998) 284-297.
- “Rhetorical Composition and Sources in the Gospel of Thomas,” in SBL 1997 Seminar Papers (Atlanta: Scholars Press, 1997) 86-114.
- “The Present and Future of Rhetorical Analysis,” in Stanley E. Porter and Thomas H. Olbricht (eds.), The Rhetorical Analysis of Scripture: Essays from the 1995 London Conference (JSNTSS 146; Sheffield: Sheffield Academic Press, 1997) 24-52.
- “The Dialectical Nature of Early Christian Discourse,” Scriptura 59 (1996): 353-362.
- “Making Christian Culture in the Epistle of James,” Scriptura 59 (1996): 341-351.
- “Narrative in Ancient Rhetoric and Rhetoric in Ancient Narrative,” in SBL Seminar Papers (Atlanta: Scholars Press, 1996) 368-384.
Back to SR Studies by VKR
Back to SR Studies
Back to SRI Homepage