Vernon K. Robbins
Emory Studies in Early Christianity
Rhetoric of Religious Antiquity
Religious Sites in Atlanta
Emory Department of Religion
Emory Graduate Division of Religion
Biography | Books | Essays | Emory Studies in Early Christianity | Curriculum Vitae
Published Books by Vernon K. Robbins
- Sea Voyages and Beyond: Emerging Strategies in Socio-Rhetorical Interpretation. Blandford Forum, UK: Deo Press, 2010. (now available)
- Invention of Christian Discourse 1. Blandford Forum, UK: Deo Press, 2009. (now available) (Christianbook)
- Exploring the Texture of Texts: A Guide to Socio-Rhetorical Interpretation. Valley Forge, PA: Trinity Press International, 1996. Chinese translation.
- The Tapestry of Early Christian Discourse: Rhetoric, Society and Ideology. London: Routledge, 1996.
- New Boundaries in Old Territory: Forms and Social Rhetoric in Mark. Edited and Introduced by David B. Gowler. New York: Peter Lang, 1994.
- Jesus the Teacher: A Socio-Rhetorical Interpretation of Mark. Paperback edition with new introduction and additional indexes. Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 1992.
- Introduction: online
- Chapter 1: Comparative Analysis of the Gospel of Mark: online
- Ancient Quotes and Anecdotes: From Crib to Crypt. Sonoma, CA: Polebridge, 1989.
- Patterns of Persuasion in the Gospels (with Burton L. Mack). Sonoma, CA: Polebridge, 1989; 2008.
- Jesus the Teacher: A Socio-Rhetorical Interpretation of Mark. Philadelphia: Fortress Press, 1984; 2009.